We have been missing some of our favorite dishes lately and were a little jealous our kids were having spaghetti themselves for lunch after church. My husband really wanted something yummy and didn't know I had a few tricks up my sleeve....
This recipe is a low carb and gluten free kept friendly dish. It yields 2 servings.
For the pasta:
3 oz of cream cheese softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp of black pepper
For alfredo sauce:
1 tbs of Kerry Gold Butter
3 oz of cream cheese
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
INSTRUCTIONS (see images below):
1. In a food processor or blender, blend eggs cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper until super smooth.
2. Pour into a greased pan with a deep edge. My favorite pan for almost all recipes I bake is the Pampered Chef Bar Pan* seen below. It's season well.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.
4. Remove and let it cool, below on the left side you can see were I did not let it cool and it stuck to my pan. This shouldn't happen.
5. Once cool, roll it up. With a sharp knife you will all cut between 1/8" and 1/4" strips.
6. Gently unroll each strip and place them in your bowl.
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
2. Stir continuously until the sauce is smooth.
3. Pour sauce over pasta and shred your choice of cheese on top. We chose a semi soft cheese with tomato basil flavors.
MACROS for 1 serving
* The Pampered Chef Bar Pan is a staple in mt kitchen, hence why it is so dark. We cook almost every meal we bake in this pan because it holds in the juices for us. It's the best thing in the world to cook bacon in. 425 degrees (tip: preheat pan in oven), cook bacon for 20 mins and it's perfect. We usually cook the full pound all at once and if we want we cans ave the grease easily. To get your pan, click here. I do not receive any compensation if you order the pan from this consultant. She is a fellow foster momma who would simply appreciate your business.
I love to cook but only if the meals are healthy, easy, and yummy. .
I'm Aimee, former Early Childhood Educator and Reading Specialist turned author, speaker, blogger, and mom of 5. This website is meant to inspire & equip parents of little ones to promote early literacy & language development at home. You will also find fun crafts, devotionals, and recipes to explore..
Learn more about me here.